I’ve always been amazed by how many different breakfast food you can create using just milk, eggs, and flour; here is one of the more interesting examples.
Oh, did i mention that everything comes together in about 30 blessed minutes?
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk (warmed)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Grated zest and juice of a lemon
- Powdered sugar,for dusting
Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Combine eggs, flour, milk, salt, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Place butter in the skillet, as soon as the butter has melted, add batter to the pan.
- Transfer the skillet to the pre-heated oven.
- Bake pancake until puffed and golden brown all over, about 15-20 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 150°C and bake five minutes longer. It will deflate as soon as it’s removed from the oven.
- Dust pancake generously with powdered sugar and top with 2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream. Serve with blueberry compote.
For the blueberry compote: Combine the blueberries, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and zest in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.