If you ever want your house to smell all cinnamon-ey, then you need to try this recipe.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped nuts(I used almonds/walnuts and pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (extra cinnamon anyone?)
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, salt and cinnamon.
- Add honey/maple syrup, oil and vanilla to another mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is coated in the maple-oil mixture.
- Place onto the lined baking tray and spread the mixture into a thin and even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden, stirring halfway.
- Let the granola cool completely (around 1 hour), the granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Mix in the dried fruit. Break the granola into pieces with your handsPop