I promised myself to have only one cookie today!
(yields a large 8-inch cookie):
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 85g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In an 8-inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat, until bubbling and completely melted.
- Turn to low heat, add sugar and brown sugar, keep stirring until smooth and creamy.
- Chill skillet in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from refrigerator, add egg and vanilla and stir well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-35min or until the edges are lightly golden brown (while the inside remains gooey!).
- Top with ice cream and serve warm!