As the year ends, it’s the perfect time to reflect on what you have accomplished and look ahead to your new goals.
Cooking, hoarding recipes, photographing food and, of course, eating, have been my lifelong passions. Two years ago, I started the page << Miss Amateur Chef >>, this has changed my life and taken my obsession with food to a whole new level. The kitchen has always been my place of solace; working in the kitchen, testing recipes bring not only joy but beautiful memories. This little project of mine allowed me to properly document my favorite recipes- which I believe can now live on forever =)
Let’s start the new year with a scrumptious breakfast! This French toast is a real crowd pleaser, it comes out best when you work with thick slices of loaf bread and allow them to soak in the mixture overnight. “Preparation is the key to success”- this applies to cooking and everything else in life. May all our preparation in 2017 make us FIERCE and UNSTOPPABLE in 2018!!!
- 4 thick slices Brioche
- 1 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Soak slices of bread in mixture overnight, until saturated.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat, cook bread slices on both sides until golden.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and berries.