Peanut butter has always been one of my favourite food. That’s been the case ever since I was a little girl. I may have developed a more refined palate over the years ( at least I hope I have… ). Still nothing- not the finest caviar, the most aromatic truffles or the flakiest croissants, can beat the pure joy of eating peanut butter straight from the jar. Haha, yes, still doing that, feel no shame for that!
Hope u like this bread roll idea as much as I do! There is just something about those two flavors that brings back childhood memories ♥
Ingredients (yields 6 rolls):
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup jam
Honey for glazing
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cups flour, 1/8 cup sugar and pinch of salt, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and milk until warm. Let cool to about 40 degrees C.
- Once yeast has proofed, add in milk/ butter mixture along with an egg to the flour mix.
- Stir to combine the remaining flour gradually, until dough starts to pull away from bowl.
- Dump out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, add in additional flour as needed, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let rise in warm place until doubled.
- Once doubled in size dump the dough out onto lightly floured surface and roll out into a 12″x15″ rectangle.
- Spread peanut butter over the dough (leaving 1” at the edges), then dollop jam over top, spread unevenly.
- From long side, roll the dough up, cut off edges and then cut into 6 equal rolls using dental floss.
- Place rolls cut side up in a greased muffin pan and cover again and let rise until doubled.
- Once risen preheat oven to 180 degrees C, bake for about 20minutes.
- Apply honey evenly using a brush, then bake for 10 minutes more.
- Serve warm!