Trying out something a little outside the box with this Crab Cake Benedict served with a Sriracha Hollandaise sauce. A tribute to Sarabeth’s- one of my favourite breakfast places in New York.
Revisit my authentic homemade crab cakes recipe at:
Sriracha Hollandaise Sauce
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-3 tsp Sriracha
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp water, room temp
- Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume.
- Remove from heat, whisk in salt paper and sriracha, taste and add more sriracha if desired for more heat.
- Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use for the eggs benedict. If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water before serving.