Because nothing says “I love you” like homemade desserts!
Have a sweet Valentine’s Day ❤️
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ loaf sweet egg bread like brioche, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Warm milk, butter, vanilla, sugar and salt over low heat in a saucepan. Continue cooking just until butter melts; then put aside and let cool.
- Add beaten eggs to cooled milk mixture and whisk; pour mixture over bread and sprinkle blueberries on top.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until custard is set but still a little wobbly and edges of bread have browned. Serve warm!