Phew! I survived another V-day! Never have been a big fan of this “Hallmark holiday”, I sometimes like to think of myself as a Valentine’s day scrooge with a secret desire to ruin everyone else’s best laid plans (like booking every other seat in the cinema so couples can’t sit together!!). That being said, I think romance and love and caring and all those gushy sweet feelings we have for others should be celebrated every day… Why not start doing so by making this cheesecake for your loved ones?
Because a piece of classic New York cheesecake- likes any great love, never goes out of style. ❤
p.s. I like to have mine looking all rustic, cracked and glorious… but do feel free to add any toppings you like!
Yield an 8-inch cake (3 inches in height)
- 16 digestive crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3.5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 8-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix digestive cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar with hand mixer until smooth. Blend in milk, and then add in the eggs (one at a time), mix until just incorporated.
- Add in plain yogurt, vanilla and flour, mix until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50min. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 2 hours to prevent cracking.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on top. Chill in refrigerator until serving.