Moist, flavorful and delicious- a classic combo that everyone loves!
1 and 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs (at room temperature)
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
lemon zest and juice from 1 lemon
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
•2 Tablespoons butter, melted
•1/2 cup powdered sugar
•2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
•1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180deg C and slightly grease a 9″x 5″ loaf pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients using a spatula just until smooth. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Toss fresh blueberries together with one tablespoon of flour. This flour coating will help prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of your loaf while baking.
- Add the flour coated berries to the batter and fold gently to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool bread in the pan for about 20 minutes, then move to a wire cooling rack with a baking sheet below (to catch the glaze you’re about to add).
- Prepare glaze by simply whisking together the melted butter, powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla; then pour glaze over the loaf. Allow to set a few minutes.