Soft in the centers, crisp on the edges, perfectly spiced =) No holiday cookie platter would be complete without our beloved gingerbread men!
Ingredients (yield 12 pcs):
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add golden syrup, egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface. Cut into gingerbread men shapes. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired.