Trust me when I say, there is nothing more decadent than this rich, fragrant, creamy wooden box of gooey goodness. In this recipe, my favorite cheese is baked to a pouring consistency and is then served with crusty bread. It is the perfect way to end a long day at work or brace yourself for an afternoon of shopping in the cold. If…that is, it ever gets cold in Hong Kong!
- Camembert, in a box
- 1/2 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Few rosemary sprigs
- 2 tsp white wine
- 1 tsp honey
- Drizzle of truffle oil
- Pinch of freshly grind black pepper
- Remove the cheese from the fridge 1 hour before cooking, so that it can come to room temperature.
(otherwise it will take forever to cook)
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Remove any plastic packaging from the cheese and place back in its box, leaving the lid off.
- Poke the garlic and rosemary into the holes, pour over the wine and honey, then grind over some black pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the centre of the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and leave the Camembert to cool a little before drizzling with the truffle oil.
- Serve the bread with the warm cheese for dipping.