Trust me when I say, there is nothing more decadent than this rich, fragrant, creamy wooden box of gooey goodness. In this recipe, my favorite cheese is baked to a pouring consistency and is then served with crusty bread. It is the perfect way to end a long day at work or brace yourself for an afternoon of shopping in the cold. If…that is, it ever gets cold in Hong Kong!
Camembert, in a box
1/2 garlic clove, thinly sliced
Few rosemary sprigs
2 tsp white wine
1 tsp honey
Drizzle of truffle oil
Pinch of freshly grind black pepper
1) Remove the cheese from the fridge 1 hour before cooking, so that it can come to room temperature.
(otherwise it will take forever to cook)
2) Preheat the oven to 200C.
3) Remove any plastic packaging from the cheese and place back in its box, leaving the lid off.
4) Poke the garlic and rosemary into the holes, pour over the wine and honey, then grind over some black pepper.
5) Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the centre of the cheese is melted.
6) Remove from the oven and leave the Camembert to cool a little before drizzling with the truffle oil.
7) Serve the bread with the warm cheese for dipping.