Happy New Year everyone!! How has 2015 treated you? The start of a new year is always exciting, it is the perfect opportunity to wipe away everything from your slate and start clean. This year, instead of setting up long list of resolutions to be met, I have only one task in mind – be true to myself. Yes, we hear this phrase over and over again; it’s so overused that sometimes it loses its meaning. But admit it, there are times we do certain things, act or dress in certain ways, just because we want to be accepted. Ask yourself, are you staying with your boring job just because it makes a lot of money? Do you go to that party because everyone else does? Are you stuck in this stagnant relationship because you are afraid to be alone? Remember, there are too many wonderful things in this world that you could be doing instead- things that make you happy, things that make you come alive.
Be a beautiful cupcake in a world full of muffins!!
( Or be a fruitloop in a world full of cheerios for a healthier version =P )
Ingredients (yields 10 cupcakes):
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Milk as needed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer.
- Gradually mix in the sugar, and add in milk one tablespoon at a time when it starts to get thick.
- Beat for at least 3 minutes until the frosting is fluffy and thick.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Line muffin cups with baking cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, oil and egg, blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before piping the frosting.