This, friends, is the moment we’ve been waiting for- spring is finally here! Beach vacation, sunshine, and sandal season are right around the corner. As the day gets longer, it’s the time to get outside and enjoy the warm weather (instead of working in the kitchen). For a quick springtime snack, light and easy is the name of the game. With this recipe, you can pull off some bakery-worthy pastries at home in just 30 minutes. Perfect for any time of the year, but I swear: they just taste better in spring!
- 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 pack Cream Cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned Cherry Pie Filling
- Icing sugar for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Take out a sheet of puff pastry and thaw for 10min.
- Cut the sheet into 6 equal pieces.
- With a knife, score ½” border around the edge of each piece of puff pastry. Use a fork to make five or six pricks into the area within the border (this will stop the center of the dough from rising).
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of mixture into the middle of each piece of dough and spread around evenly.
- Add about 6 cherries into the middle of the cream cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.