Sigh! Looks like we are having a rainy (Halloween) weekend =(
With the bad weather dampening the spirits, I’m in the mood for a flavorful dinner.
This is the perfect recipe for one of those lazy days, you don’t have to think about it and it still guarantees a great dish.
You simply have to mix garlic butter, white wine and clams together and pour everything over the pasta. The linguini will soak up the clam broth and flavor, this light sauce also compliments angel hair.
Well I guess gloomy weather doesn’t always have to be depressing or mind numbing. Sometimes I just can’t find anything more soothing than a good movie night, with the rain splashing down on my windows, lights low, candles lit, dinner ready and a rom-com movie just about to begin…
Ingredients (serving for 2):
0.5 lb dried linguine
24 littleneck clams
4 tbs crushed garlic
4tbs white wine
Pinch of parsley leaves and red pepper flakes for garnish
For garlic butter (4tbs)
1 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
1. In a small bowl, combine softened butter, minced garlic and parmesan cheese.
2. Season with garlic salt, Italian seasoning, pepper and paprika. Mix until smooth.
1. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
2. Steam 24 littleneck clams and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, melt garlic butter over medium-low heat.
4. Add crushed garlic and then wine.
5. When butter starts to bubble, add clams and mix around until clams are well coated.
6. Place pasta in a serving bowl, and top with the clam mixture.
7. Garnish with Parmesan, parsley and crushed red pepper flakes.